Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Problem logging into Outlook Web Access (OWA) 2003 with Citrix XenApp 6.5

Problem

You’ve successfully published Outlook Web Access (OWA) via Exchange 2003 with Citrix XenApp 6.5 and through launching it via a desktop, able to hit the landing page:

image

However, you notice after you’ve typed in your credentials and hit the Log On button, you are sent back to the landing page:

image

image

You notice that if you tested this with an account that was a part of the administrators group, the logon works fine.

Solution

I’m not sure how many other reasons there are that may cause this problem but for my situation, it was because the published OWA URL was an external URL that Internet Explorer classified as an Internet site.  What I ended up doing was configure the IE policy to include the external URL address in the local intranet site:

image

Note that the above screenshot shows this policy was configured via the Local Computer policy but you can also apply this via an Active Directory GPO.  I configured a local computer policy because I did not have AD access to the environment I was working in.

Once I got the site to show up and labeled as Local intranet, I was then able to log in as a regular non administrator account.

image

1 comment:

Paul C. said...

Way to go!! Thanks for the fix and blog!!