Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Installing VMware Site Recovery Manager 4.0.0-192921 on Windows Server 2008 64-bit R2: Hangs on “Please wait while setup is initializing"…”

I ran into an interesting issue while installing VMware Site Recovery Manager version 4.0.0-192921 on Windows Server 2008 64-bit R2 where it would hang on “Please wait while setup is initializing"…” The setup was left for at least 10 minutes without intervention but the progress bar doesn’t move:

image

image

I was able to see the “msiexec” process in task manager but didn’t see any CPU utilization so I decided to choose “End Process Tree”.

image

After rebooting the server once and re-trying a few times without any luck, I decided to try to right-click and choose “Run as administrator”.

image

image

This finally worked and we were able to install SRM at a DR site:

image

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hmmm, that screen looks familiar ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip. it saved me from beating up the server